Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Accidental Marathon

Good grief - long time, no post!

I am here. I just haven't felt like I have had all that much to talk about. This weekend gave me something to talk about, however. 

I've been silently training for Surf The Murph again, and I needed to do a long run while I was visiting my folks on the North Shore this past weekend. My Dad dropped me off in town, and my plan was to run the back roads and trails to get back home.

I am happy to say I made it. But a wrong turn transformed my run into a 27 mile adventure through the Superior National Forest.

Below you can find some video and pictures from the run. Enjoy! (And, learn to preview your running routes if possible, and/or work on your map reading skills!)


4 comments:

wildknits said...

Great video - impressed that you had the foresight to document your run in that manner.

So, if you have a 27 miler under the belt already will you be bumping up to the 50 mile race at Surf?!

Christina said...

That is quite the run! I envy your rural roads with all the wildlife.

You should post the recipe for your dad's meal.

SteveQ said...

I've been there! That's not the middle of nowhere, but 20 miles southeast of nowhere - you had traffic and not even signs reading "minimally maintained road."

Julie D said...

Nothing like running a marathon by accident! =) Great video!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails