Sunday, July 28, 2013

North Shore - July 2013

Last weekend I visited my family on the North Shore.  A couple of my aunts and uncles joined us as well.  Aside from the 4 1/2 inches of rain the night I arrived, we had great weather, and an excellent time was had by all.  I ran, hiked, ate extremely well, and did some touristy things.  A fun weekend!

In lieu of a long-winded post, I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Stream crossing...in the driveway! This was after our 4 1/2 inches of rain.

Caribou Lake

The chapel at the Cathedral of the Pines camp

Grand Marais architecture

Yours truly on Pincushion Mountain overlooking Grand Marais

My aunt Ann an me at Sydney's Frozen Custard in Grand Marais

The delicious "Almond Joy Sydnami" at Sydney's Frozen Custard

Aunt Jean, Mom, and Aunt Ann at Pincushion

Atlantis Fritillary

A Harris' Checkerspot that really liked my running shoe!

The waterfalls all along the North Shore were roaring

Fireweed - when the top portion blooms, that means fall has arrived. :)

Sammy the Herring Gull, also serving as a North Shore weathervane

Great Spangled Fritillary

Lupine

The wild strawberries were ripe, and were they ever delicious!

Canyon #6 at Superior National, looking fine as always

Yours truly in a field of daisies

1 comment:

Addygrl said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like a great place to spend summer :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails